Monday, January 26, 2015

1/26

Wow, it seems like it's been over a month since I've journaled, but somehow it's only been 20 days. It's absolutely unbelievable, the things that can take place in 20 days. Or in the course of one day. This post is particularly hard to write, because so many things have happened, I don't want to spend a lot of time for each thing, but I also don't want to just pass over it.

On January 10th, my sweet friend, Collin, was killed in a car accident by an alleged drunk driver going the wrong way on I-170. I still have a hard time saying that. I love him so much. More than I even thought I did. I did my best to write something to honor him...

"I don't exactly know how to do justice to a memorial of my friend, Collin. The kind of person who you love to be around, and never particularly want to leave. The sort who takes a short cut past the small talk and really gets to know you for who you are. Characterized by love, humor, humility, gentleness, joy, and perseverance, he has, and continues to be a great inspiration and example to me, and endless others who have known him. I have no doubt in my mind that his precious
 little ones will grow up with no shortage of people to remind them of the kind of man their father was and endeavored to be. He was the kind of person you just couldn't help but be changed by knowing, and couldn't know without loving. Even though his spirit is elsewhere, his heart can still be seen in the lives of the people he loved.
I'm definitely going to miss the impromptu office visits, jam sessions, hugs, hang outs and heart to hearts. And I can't wait to see his smile (and other odd expressions lol) when we catch up to him in Heaven. I can't help but smile when I think of what his response might have been, finally seeing the beauty of God… (nothing for him to tweak or correct! haha)… there doesn't seem to be a more fitting place for him. And although it's extremely hard for us to imagine life without him on earth, for him it's just a moment until he welcomes his brothers and sisters home. Nothing that can be said ever seems to be enough, or could ever really fully disclose the funny, crazy, sweet dude that is Collin. But if he could ever take a glance to earth again, he'd see his friends laughing, crying, and remembering the endless meaningful times with him. I don't think anything could make him more glad. I love and miss you so much, brother. Please pray for his two little ones, family, and friends that are missing him right now. Lord, be so close."


I made these for Jude and Celia


No comments:

Post a Comment